Viroinval, in the south of the Belgian province of Namur, has to be one of the most picturesque corners of the Ardennes. I took these pictures over the course of a few days, but most are from my 50 kilometer bike-ride from Vierves-sur-Viroin to Dinant, which included a few kilometers in France. It was very cold, but that’s when this region’s is visually at its most atmospheric.
Retrospectively posted on 2015-01-09
3. The Viroin in Vierves
4. Vierves cemetery
5. Landscape between Vierves and Treignes
7. Ardennes style Art Nouveau in Treignes
8. One of the last houses before the French border
9./10. Welcome to the land of the future!
11. Chooz (F) nuclear power plant on the Meuse river
12. Givet (F) and the Meuse
13. Former customs building in Givet
14. Dinant, 25 kilometers downstream and back in Belgium
13. The Meuse in Anseremme (Dinant, Province of Namur) on a cold night, 2006-01-04